in order to protect the personal information, rights, and benefits of users
and to properly handle the complaints related to privacy.
Effective date: January 13, 2022
1. Purpose of personal information processing
Wizcore processes personal information for the purposes described below.
The personal information being processed will not be used for any purposes other than those listed below.
Should the purpose of the use changes, Wizcore shall take necessary measures, such as obtaining consent again,
in compliance with Article 18 of the Personal Information Protection Act:
- 1) Membership support: confirmation of membership registration, user identification, and confirmation of membership withdrawal
- 2) Provision of trial service: verification of membership information and delivery of product or service
- 3) Provision of paid service: verification of membership information, purchases and fee transactions, and delivery of product and service
- 4) Processing of consultation requests: verification of user identity, confirmation of content of consultation, and result notification
- 5) Processing of inquiries: verification of user identity, confirmation of content of inquiries, and result notification
- 6) Other: prevention of account theft and illegal transactions, storage of records for dispute resolution,
notifications regarding matters such as change in terms, statistics on visit and usage history, improvement of services, etc.
2. Personal information items for processing
Wizcore processes the following personal information:
1) Membership support
- – Required: ID, password, business registration number, name of company, name of contact person, email of contact person
- – Optional: business classification, business type, name of CEO, business location, phone number, fax number, email, certificate of business registration, position of contact person, department of contact person, phone number of contact person
- – Method of collection: at the time of membership registration and modification of membership information
2) Provision of trial version
- – Required: name of company, name, email
- – Optional: contact of contact person, content of request
- – Method of collection: at the time of request of service
3) Provision of paid service
- – Required: name of depositor, email for tax invoice, transaction information such as card information
- – Method of collection: at the time of purchase of service
4) Handling of inquiries and consultation requests
- – Required: name of company, name of contact person, position, contact, email
- – Method of collection: at the time of submission for ‘Inquire’ or ‘Consult with us’
5) The below
items may be automatically generated and collected during use of other Internet services
- – IP address, cookies, MAC address, service usage history, visit history
3. Personal information processing and retention period
Wizcore shall destroy the personal information of user without delay when the purpose of personal information collection and use has been achieved,
or at the request of user.
However, personal information may be stored for a specified period of time
in the case it needs to be stored in accordance with applicable laws such as Act on the Consumer Protection in the Electronic Commerce Transactions, etc.
The period of processing and retaining personal information is as follows:
1) Act on the Consumer Protection in the Electronic Commerce Transactions, etc.
- – Records concerning contracts or subscription withdrawal: 5 years
- – Records concerning payments and supply of goods: 5 years
- – Records concerning consumer complaints or dispute resolution: 3 years
2) Protection of Communications Secrets Act
- – Internet connection records: 3 months
3) In the event of investigation in process due to violation of applicable laws, personal information will be stored until the end of such investigation.
4. Consignment of personal information processing
Wizcore consigns the processing of personal information as follows
for smooth service provision and personal information processing.
1) Information system operation
- – Consignee: Naver Cloud
- – Content of consigned work: Information system operation
- – Period of consignment: Until membership withdrawal or termination of consignment work
In accordance with Article 26 of Personal Information Protection Act, when concluding a consignment contract, Wizcore Inc. stipulates in the contract matters concerning
the processing of personal information, such as the prohibition of processing personal information for purposes
other than performing consigned work, technical and administrative protection measures, restrictions on re-consignment, management and supervision of the consignee, and compensation for damages,
and supervises the safe processing of personal information by the consignee.
When the content of consigned work or the consignee changes,
5. Disposal of personal information
Wizcore shall destroy the personal information of user without delay when the personal information is no longer necessary
due to reasons such as expiration of the retention period of personal information or the attainment of the purpose of personal information processing.
When the personal information needs to continue to be retained according to a different regulation,
notwithstanding the expiration of the retention period for personal information or the attainment of the purpose of personal information processing,
Wizcore shall move the personal information to a separate database or a different storage location.
The procedure and method of disposal of personal information are as follows.
- 1) Disposal procedure: The information entered by user shall be moved to a separate DB
to be destroyed either immediately or after being stored for a set period specified by the Company’s internal policy or applicable laws. At that time,
the personal information moved to a DB shall not be used for any other purposes
than in accordance with applicable laws.
- 2) Disposal deadline: the Company shall destroy the personal information
of user within 5 days from the expiration date of the retention period for personal information or within 5 days
from the date when the Company becomes aware that processing personal information is no longer necessary due to reasons such as the attainment of the purpose of processing personal information,
the discontinuation of relevant service, or the discontinuation of business.
- 3) Disposal method: Personal information stored in electronic file format shall be destroyed using a technical method
that prevents the records from being reproduced. Personal information recorded on paper shall be destroyed
using a paper shredder or burned.
6. Rights and obligations of users and their legal representatives
Users have the following rights as the owner of their personal information:
- 1) Users have the right to request Wizcore to access, modify, delete, or suspend processing
of their personal information at any time.
- 2) The exercise of the rights in accordance with Paragraph 1 may be done in writing, via email or fax
in compliance with Article 41, Paragraph 1 of the Enforcement Decree of the Personal Information Protection Act,
in which case Wizcore shall take appropriate action without delay.
- 3) The exercise of the rights in accordance with Paragraph 1 may be done by an agent
such as the legal representative or the assignee of user. In such a case, a letter of proxy must be submitted
in accordance with the form in Attachment 11 of the ‘Notice (No. 2020-7) on Personal Information Processing Method.’
- 4) The right of user may be restricted in the case of request to access or suspend the processing of personal information
in accordance with Article 35, Paragraph 4 and Article 37, Paragraph 2 of the Personal Information Protection Act.
- 5) The request for correction or deletion of personal information may not be processed
if that personal information is the subject of collection under a different regulation.
- 6) Wizcore confirms the identity of user or the legal representative in the event of request
to access, correct, delete, or suspend processing of personal information.
7. Matters concerning the installation, operation and rejection of automatic personal information collection devices
Wizcore uses ‘cookies,’ which save and retrieve user information arbitrarily,
to provide individually customized service to user.
Cookies are small pieces of information that the server (http) used to operate the website,
transmits to the computer browser of user, and may be saved within the hard disk of user’s PC.
- 1) Purpose of cookies: Cookies are used to provide optimized information
to user by identifying user’s website visit or search data.
- 2) Acceptance, rejection, and operation of cookies: Cookies may be rejected
by changing settings under Tools>Options>Personal information at the top of the Internet browser.
8. Security measures for the safety of personal information
Wizcore takes the following measures to ensure safety of personal information:
- 1) Administrative measures: Design and execution of internal management plans, regular employee training, etc.
- 2) Technical measures: Restricted access to personal information processing system, installation of access restriction system, encryption of unique identification information, installation of security application
- 3) Physical measures: Restricted access to data processing room and data storage room
9. Chief Privacy Officer
Wizcore designates a Chief Privacy Officer who oversees the processing of personal information
and the processing of user complaints and damage relief in connection with the processing of personal information.
Any inquiries that arise during the use of Wizcore’s website in connection with
personal information protection, complaints, or damage relief may be directed to the Chief Privacy Officer. Wizcore
shall process and respond to user’s inquiries without delay.
- Chief Privacy Officer
- Name: Kim Saerom
- Company: Wizcore Inc.
- Position: Assistant manager
- Phone: 02-3273-2608
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
10. Security measures for the safety of personal information
The owner of personal information may request a consultation or dispute resolution to Personal Information Dispute Mediation Committee
or Personal Information Infringement Report Center of Korea Internet & Security Agency
for relief of damage due to infringement of personal information. Any other reports or consultations regarding infringement of personal information
should be directed to any of the following institutions:
- 1. Personal Information Dispute Mediation Committee 1833-6972 (www.kopico.go.kr)
- 2. Personal Information Infringement Report Center 118 (privacy.kisa.or.kr)
- 3. Supreme Prosecutors’ Office of the Republic of Korea 1301 (www.spo.go.kr)
- 4. National Police Agency 182 (ecrm.cyber.go.kr)
An individual whose rights or interests have been infringed due to disposition or nonfeasance conducted by the head of a public institution
with regards to a request pursuant to Article 35 (Access to personal information), Article 36 (Correction or deletion of personal information),
Article 37 (Suspension of processing of personal information) of Personal Information Protection Act
may file an administrative appeal in accordance with the Administrative Appeals Act.
For details concerning administrative appeals, please refer to the website
of the Central Administrative Appeals Committee (www.simpan.go.kr).